In case you haven’t noticed, We at Jobu’s Rum have had so much fun covering the World Cup, that we decided to throw some resources (aka me) into covering some of that good European fútbol we’ve been hearing so much about. Last time, we talked about the rumor that Luis Suárez was getting ready to be transferred to Barcelona, which has since become a reality. Today, we’re going to talk about another hot new Barcelona transfer rumor–one involving Colombian superstar James Rodríguez.
It appears that having Súarez, Lionel Messi and Neymar up front is not enough for the Catalan giants. They want to also bring on the breakout star and Golden Boot winner of the 2014 World Cup. Rumor has it that Barcelona have made an offer to AS Monaco, Rodríguez’s French Ligue team, of somewhere around €90 million for their prized 23-year old midfielder. The only catch, it seems, is that Barcelona is allegedly trying to sign James (btw, I hope we’re all still pronouncing it Ha-mez) not for the season that starts this August, but rather the one that starts in August of 2015. It seems Barcelona, after spending €75 on Súarez, doesn’t have much money left in their transfer budget, and would like to shore up their center-back situation with their remaining funds for this summer.
The fun part about this rumor is not just the fact that Barcelona is looking to construct one of the best offenses anyone has ever dreamed up, it’s that they’re trying to screw their greatest rivals in the process. What’s more fun than that? It seems that Real Madrid has had their eye on Rodríguez for quite some time now, and have made an offer rumored to be in the €70 million range. Barcelona is attempting to overtake them, and make their own team better at the expense of Real’s. If the rumors are to be believed, this whole thing comes about because Real Madrid swooped in and stole Barcelona target Toni Kroos with a last minute bid just a couple of weeks ago, and president Josep Bartomeu is out for revenge.
I’m excited to see how this rumor develops.
Featured image courtesy of: Stéphane Senaux/ASM FC
- New York Giants Free Agency: So Far, So Good - March 10, 2017
- Forgotten Titles: WWF World Martial Arts Heavyweight Championship - January 18, 2017
- Wendi Richter, The Fabulous Moolah and the MSG Screwjob - January 11, 2017
- Forgotten Titles: The WWF Women’s Tag Team Championships - January 5, 2017
- Forgotten Yankees: Curtis Pride - January 1, 2017
- Neville Is Saving the WWE Cruiserweight Division - January 1, 2017
- Little Pieces: Yankees Sign Ruben Tejada - December 12, 2016
- Should the Yankees Shop Masahiro Tanaka? - December 7, 2016
- Take Some Time to Celebrate: Yankees Sign Matt Holliday - December 6, 2016
- Let’s Talk About Rich Hill - November 27, 2016
2 thoughts on “James on His Way to Barcelona Too?”
@Jobus_Rum Barcelona? Is very bad to steal Xavi’s sangria. Is very bad.
@Jobus_Rum Please, no.
Comments are closed.