So I recently got a new gig writing about the Yankees for Yanks Go Yard. This my latest post. I’ll hit you with an excerpt, and you can read the rest on the YGY website.
The Yankees took Brady Lail out of Bingham High School in South Jordan, Utah in the 18th round of the 2012 draft. Although he lacked the type of fastball the Yankees seem to have been coveting in their pitchers over the last few years, they liked his control and demeanor, so they signed him for an above-slot amount of $225,000.
After a couple years at the Rookie and A-ball levels, 2015 was a real breakout for Lail. He soon found himself on the fast track to the big leagues. After just one start in Tampa (A+ level) to kick off the season, Lail was promoted to the AA Trenton Thunder. The AA level proved to be a walk in the park for Lail, who had a 2.45 ERA, a 1.100 WHIP, and just 2.2 BB/9 in 106.1 innings over 20 games (19 starts).
- New York Giants Free Agency: So Far, So Good - March 10, 2017
- Forgotten Titles: WWF World Martial Arts Heavyweight Championship - January 18, 2017
- Wendi Richter, The Fabulous Moolah and the MSG Screwjob - January 11, 2017
- Forgotten Titles: The WWF Women’s Tag Team Championships - January 5, 2017
- Forgotten Yankees: Curtis Pride - January 1, 2017
- Neville Is Saving the WWE Cruiserweight Division - January 1, 2017
- Little Pieces: Yankees Sign Ruben Tejada - December 12, 2016
- Should the Yankees Shop Masahiro Tanaka? - December 7, 2016
- Take Some Time to Celebrate: Yankees Sign Matt Holliday - December 6, 2016
- Let’s Talk About Rich Hill - November 27, 2016